My name is Kazuko Miyagawa. I teach English at Kobe University. I am also engaged in translation to introduce foreign culture to japan.
I study English literature, especially Victorian novelists such as Charles Dickens, Charlotte Bronte, Wilkie Collins as well as modern novelists such as Margaret Drabble, A.S. Byatt, etc.
I wrote many essays on my research in Japanese and they were published in Japan, but now I want people in the world (not only academics) to read my essays.
Therefore, I’m going to write my essays in English and post them.
Please share and exchange thoughts and ideas.
- How Jean Rhys rewrites Jane Eyre: the birth of polyphonic text, Wide Sargasso Sea
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood and The Moonstone: Race and Empire Represented by Dickens and Collins
- Bleak House and Villette: The Story of a Trauma narrated by Esther and Lucy
- Naming and Violence in Bleak House
- Misogyny and Patriarchy in Lady Audley’s Secret
estherhawdon on Patriarchy and Women in… Salma Javid Khan on Patriarchy and Women in… Ricki Boda on Naming and Violence in Bleak… S.C. Hickman on The Mystery of Edwin Drood and… Jennifer Kushnier on Misogyny and Patriarchy in Lad…